Master David Silverman, MSc., 5th Dan
Master David Silverman is the Head Instructor at the Kanata Tae E. Lee Taekwondo School.
Master Silverman is a driving force in the promotion of Taekwondo within Canada and within the community.
He currently holds the rank of 5th Degree Black Belt, and has many accomplishments, including:
- Executive Director, Tae E. Lee Taekwondo (current)
- 1st Vice President, Ontario Taekwondo Association (2015 – current)
- President, Ontario Taekwondo Association (2014 – 2015)
- 1st Vice President, Ontario Taekwondo Association (2011 – 2014)
- Treasurer, Ontario Taekwondo Association (2007 – 2011)
- Secretary General, Taekwondo Canada (2003 – 2004)
- Executive Director, Taekwondo Canada (2002 – 2003)
- Program Officer, Taekwondo Canada (1997-2002)
- Director, Ontario Taekwondo Association (1999 – 2003, 2007-current)
- 1st Class Certified National Referee
- Founder of Queen’s University Taekwondo Club
Master David Silverman has been training directly under Grandmaster Lee for over 25 years, and continues to do so on a daily basis.
Grandmaster Tae E. Lee, BA,MA,9th Dan
Grand Master Lee, a native of South Korea, currently holds the rank of 9th degree black belt. He is also the only Korean Grand Master and internationally certified World Taekwondo Federation Grand Master in Ottawa. In Korea, Taekwondo is revered as both a powerful martial art and as a philosophical discipline.
Grand Master Lee opened the city’s first Taekwondo school in 1977, and since then, has been a leader in successfully promoting Taekwondo in Canada. He has been inducted into the Order of Ottawa, the Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame, and the Canadian Black Belt Hall of Fame.